- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Smoothdavid II PA(L) Exoskeleton|
|Use||Law Enforcement |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||30 km/h|
The Smoothdavid II Light Personal Armor was designed by TharHes Industries of Tharkad. Introduced in 3064, the design was created for government and law enforcement agencies, when it became apparent that Battle Armor was too heavy and clumsy for police work.
The Smoothdavid prototypes were first seen in action on Solaris VII in field tests. The tests in the Exoskeleton arenas of Solaris proved to be successful and boosted the suit's visibility to potential customers.
Weapons & Equipment
The Smoothdavid II is fitted out with two modular Anti-Personnel Weapon Mounts, one found on each arm. In addition to the APWs, because the suit is fitted with Armored Gloves manipulators, it can also handle any hand-held infantry weaponry. The suit is equipped with a searchlight and able to carry 205kg of equipment.
The suit is protected by only 50kg of armor, making it ill-suited for the battlefield. Despite this lack of protection compared to standard Battle Armor, the Smoothdavid II is able to conduct anti-BattleMech attacks.
- Smoothgoliath II
- This variant of the Smoothdavid II was designed for explosives disposal. It differs from the baseline suit in the following ways; The suit's armor is doubled to 100 kg, the Anti-Personnel Weapon Mounts are removed in favor of a Heat Sensor and a Cutting Torch in the arms. It's equipment capacity is reduced to 130 kg. BV (2.0) = 7
- There is no detailed information regarding the prototype Smoothdavid other than it was used on Solaris.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 35
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 196, "Smoothdavid II/Smoothgoliath II" - Basic history of the Smoothdavid up to 3071.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 196
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 196, "Smoothdavid II Stats and abilities for Smoothdavid II".
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 36
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 37