- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Basix 200|
|Targeting Tracking System||OptiSight 12|
The Sokar was developed by Clan Jade Falcon after the Jihad. The Falcons needed a vehicle to deal with large numbers of unarmed rioters after the Jihad, and the police subcaste received the Sokar. Protected by five tons of armor, the Sokar's presence is often enough to dissuade the lower castes from continuing their dezgra behavior.
Assignment to a Sokar isn't desired, with only solahma units of the Falcon touman receiving it. Warriors dislike it because it is used to fight non-warriors.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sokar mounts a pair of Heavy Flamers in the bow, providing not only firepower, but a psychological deterrent. The turret contains a quartet of AP Gauss rifles which are perfect for destroying unarmed infantry and units equipped with Battle Armor suits. Should the rioters have access to heavier combat vehicles, a pair of ProtoMech Autocannon/8s provides a long-range heavy punch sufficient to hold them in place for additional units to arrive. Each weapon system has two tons of ammunition provided, insuring that the Sokar will be able to remain in the field for as long as possible.
No variants of the Sokar are known to exist.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 72
- MUL online date for the Sokar
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 73