|Tech Base||Clan (Advanced) (Society)|
|Jump Jets||X5 Series Extended Jump Jets|
The Sprite Ultraheavy ProtoMech was created by the Society to act as a fire support platform. Working in concert with the Boggart, the Sprite would rain down long range fire on enemy units, allowing the Boggart to inflict more damage. The five Extended Jump Jets mounted on the unit allow the Sprite to keep up with its lighter partner. One very valuable feature of the Sprite is its heavy armor. The ProtoMech can survive an Autocannon/20 hit to the torso.
With the heavy armor, the Sprite was most frequently used by the Society's most experienced ProtoMech pilots. This kept them well protected, but the Sprite's low top speed and limited ammunition meant that these warriors had to choose their targets carefully or risk running out of ammunition at a critical time.
As a fire support unit, the Sprite carries a quartet of LRM-5 launchers. The torso-mounted launchers cover the front arc very well, while the arm mounted launchers provide a wider field of fire. Each launcher is equipped with twelve reloads, but in heavy combat this can quickly run out and leave the Sprite defenseless.
- Sprite 2 - This Sprite variant removes the LRM launchers and replaces them with a Light TAG and a single ER Large Laser. The maximum jump radius has been reduced to 90 meters.
- Sprite 3 - The Sprite 3 removes the LRM launchers. In their place are four Fusillade missile systems, one located on each arm and in the side torsos. The jumping performance, ground speed, and armor protection of the Sprite 3 is identical to the standard Sprite.
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 212
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 213
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 51
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 52