Stalking Spider II
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Stalking Spider II|
|Manufacturer||Manufacturing Plant SFF-TU1|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type QX745-50 Mod. III|
|Armor||Forging ZK11 Standard|
|Engine||Fusion 225 Standard|
|Communications System||S9R Beta Series Communications|
|Targeting Tracking System||Able-Seven Sensor Suite|
|Heat Sinks||13 (26)|
The Stalking Spider II is a Clan Medium BattleMech designed and produced by Clan Sea Fox at its Manufacturing Plant SFF-TU1 on Tukayyid. Produced since the dawn of the thirty-second century, the Stalking Spider II was a result of the merchant Clan’s desire to bring more revenue into its coffers. The Clan redesigned the Quad 'Mech with new innovations, but these "innovations" began being problematic for its pilots, due to a unique turret design. It proved to be popular with Inner Sphere second-line defense units, despite its shortcomings.
Weapons and Equipment
The Stalking Spider II features most notably a Quad BattleMech Turret, which houses the 'Mech's main weaponry. Found in the turret is its Series 4D-2 Heavy Large Laser along with a pair of Type I Cross Pattern SRM 4 Launchers. Due to a design flaw, the ammunition feed for the SRM launchers occasionally explodes from the ammunition feed into the turret. Rounding out its weaponry, the 'Quad features a pair of Heavy Machine Guns mounted in the left torso.
The Stalking Spider II is protected by 9.5 tons of standard armor, which includes its built-in CASE that minimizes damage from ammunition explosions. With its 225-rated Standard Fusion Engine, the Spider is able to move at a maximum speed of 86 kph.
The Stalking Spider II has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the Stalking Spider II
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 37
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 32 Stalking Spider II - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, pp. 32-33 Stalking Spider II - Background & Stats.