The Takashi was a Kirishima-class cruiser being constructed by the Draconis Combine in the Togura system in the late 3050s; by the end of 3058 the Takashi had been effectively combat-ready for some time, but the DCMS had decided to deliberately slow down the Takashi's production to keep public interest in the WarShip production program high.
By 3067 the Takashi had been on active service for some time along with two sister-ships of the same class, the DCS Siriwan and DCS Urizen II;  A fourth ship of the class, the DCS Shiro, had already been lost in action, fighting against Clan Smoke Jaguar forces during Operation BULLDOG.
By 3078 the Takashi was the last ship of her class still in service; one of four WarShips assigned to support Kanrei Kiyomori Minamoto as a part of the Combine's contribution to Operation SCOUR, serving alongside the Kyushu-class frigates DCS Dieron Star and DCS Victory at Wolcott and the Tatsumaki-class destroyer DCS The Lair of Mighty Wyrms.
The Takashi served as a part of Task Force EARTHBOUND, the naval flotilla assigned to secure aerospace superiority above Terra to allow the allied coalition forces to land. The battle to secure Terra saw both the Takashi and the Victory at Wolcott destroyed in action.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 15, "Aerospace Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 105, "Draconis Combine Naval Assets"
- The Dragon Roars, p. 61, "Final Words"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "DCA Readiness Report"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "Official Update"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 95, "Classified: Eyes Only - Top Secret"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 5, "Safeguarding the Wounded Heart"