I think the comment about Jennifer Winson's origins and history as per various sourcebooks should be revised a little, to indicate specifically that there are actually a number of BattleCorps novellas/short stories involved in the investigation. When I see "sourcebook", I think of the books I can generally order from my FLGS or pick up on DriveThruRPG, not the fiction that's available from BattleCorps. I think I've read one of the short works that covers Jes Cole's actions during the Exodus though, and her breaking Andrey out of jail during the beginning of the Pengaton Wars - would it help if I dug out some references later? BrokenMnemonic (talk) 05:22, 3 September 2013 (PDT)
- By all means, go ahead! I just thought the article was lacking critical information, so I did a quick 'n dirty entry and intended to revisit it later for a rewrite (I have other Sarna projects on my plate that I want to finish first). If you're prepared to rewrite the article with the references cited in the two forum threads you're taking a ton of work off my back.
- Btw, the story you're thinking of is Fall from Glory, the first of the Clangründer books. :) Frabby (talk) 06:27, 3 September 2013 (PDT)
- I'm reading through the second part of Fall From Glory and I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the text correctly. Chapter 11 seems to indicate to me that Andery was certain that Jill was Jess Cole on first meeting her, despite the change in hair colour, but that he didn't challenge her over it because he was led to believe that she'd tested out of the military and was basically building a new life as a labourer. That doesn't match the interpretation Mendugo seems to have, though.
- Then, in part 4, chapter 26, Jes Cole breaks Andery out of the stockage, but whereas Mendrugo indicates that it's at this point Andery recognises Jes as Jill, I can't find a reference to that in the chapter - Jes is identified as Jes right from the start, and there's no mention of Jill. Am I misreading something? BrokenMnemonic (talk) 13:51, 3 September 2013 (PDT)
- I only have part 1 from BattleCorps and embarrassingly seem to have mislaid my copy of Clangründer: Abkehr, so I can't help you here. Suggest you contact Mendrugo directly. Frabby (talk) 15:20, 3 September 2013 (PDT)