- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Armor||Forging Omni H24 with CASE II|
|Engine||Redline 350 XL|
|Communications System||Model J-D 067|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hawkeye 58|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double Heat Sinks|
The Thunderbolt IIC is a second-line heavy BattleMech that was originally developed for Clan Jade Falcon in 3085. The design came into existence due to that Clan's need to re-purpose surplus components being produced for their Loki and Thor OmniMech designs. Using one of Olivetti Weaponry's previous Inner Sphere designs, the classic Thunderbolt, they reworked it as a replacement for second-line 'Mechs lost during the Jihad.
Weapons and Equipment
The Thunderbolt IIC is a blend of standard and Advanced Clan technology. Due to the then-experimental nature of its weaponry, its MechWarriors were required to keep detailed logs noting the equipments' performance. The design's XL Engine allows it maintain pace with contemporary heavy designs in the Falcons' Touman. The weight-saving property of the engine allows the Thunderbolt IIC to be fitted with 13.5 tons of armor on its hull. The 'Mech's main weaponry is its two Series XVI-a Improved Heavy Large Lasers, with a laser system mounted in each arm. These weapons offer tremendous damage at medium to short ranges. A MechWarrior will find, however, that by firing both arm-mounted lasers alone, they will be overtaxing the 'Mech’s Double Heat sinks. For the Thunderbolt IIC's long-range firepower, the 'Mech sports a highly ammo-efficient Type XV-S Streak LRM 15 Launcher. The weapon is supplied with two tons of ammunition which are protected by CASE II. Three Series 7Ja Extended Range Medium Lasers serve as this 'Mech's secondary weaponry, rounding out the rest of its arsenal.
- Thunderbolt IIC 2
- Introduced in 3088, this advanced variant of the Thunderbolt IIC is built with durability in mind. This variant's engine is downgraded to a less fragile 280 Standard Fusion, however its lost speed is compensated with the mobility of four Jump Jets. These jump Jets did cost the 'Mech two of its Double Heatsinks. Further durability is provided with the incorporation of a Heavy-Duty Gyro. Its hull is protected by 11 tons of Ferro Fibrous Armor, and an ECM Suite is included. The Thunderbolt IIC 2 is armed with an Extended Range Large Pulse Laser in its right arm, a standard Heavy Large Laser in place of the Standard's missile launcher, a trio of Medium Pulse Lasers that replaces the extended range trio, and a single Small Pulse Laser in its left arm.
The Thunderbolt IIC features the following Design Quirks:
- As of this writing, there is no published record sheet for the Thunderbolt IIC 2.
- The technology listed in this 'Mech has been re-classified according to the Jihad Technology Advancement Table found in TRO: Prototypes. CASE II, Improved Heavy Large Laser, ER Large Pulse Laser, and Streak LRM 15 Launcher which were formerly Experimental Technology, but they were reclassified as Advanced Technology by 3085.
- Master Unit List profile of the Thunderbolt IIC which includes the intro year & BV
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 151 - BV2 of T-Bolt IIC.
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 72
- TRO:Prototypes, p. 150-151 - Thunderbolt IIC’s background and technical information.
- TRO:Prototypes, p. 150-151 - Thunderbolt IIC’s weaponry info.
- Master Unit List profile for the Thunderbolt IIC 2
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 206-208, "Jihad Technology Advancement Table" - Tech levels for Thunderbolt IIC's components varies from Total Warfare/TechManual construction rules.