- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- First BattleTech Expansion - Flashpoint - Arrives November 27th
- Update From Catalyst On The New BattleTech Box Sets
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||URA Quad Endo Steel|
|Engine||VOX 325 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Melpomene HM-33|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Ares-9|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (108 km/h with MASC)|
A product of TharHes Industries' defense plants on Tharkad, the quadrupedal Ursa was a jack-of-all-trades often paired alongside the Scourge to perform risky escort duties or to go on heavy recon missions. Introduced during the third decade of the thirty-second century, the Ursa was popular with mercenary units and with those forces fighting along the border between the Lyran Commonwealth and Clan Jade Falcon.
Key to the Ursa's design is its revolutionary gyroscope, which renders the 'Mech exceptionally stable - even in comparison to other quad BattleMechs. The MASC system built into the Ursa in combination with the VOX 325 Extra-Light Fusion Engine that powers the 'Mech results in a ferocious quadrupedal design that can run at speeds of over one hundred kph; this, combined with the gyro and twelve and a half tons of Durallex Medium armor meant that the Ursa can not only survive full-speed collisions but can do so without falling or the pilot losing control. This led to MechWarriors nicknaming the Ursa "the Rhino" because of the brutal charges it can perform.
Weapons and Equipment
The suite of offensive weaponry carried by the Ursa is divided between the left and right torsos. On each side are a brace of Martell-X Medium X-Pulse Lasers, popular with those who regularly fought the Clans; mounted into the right torso is a Thor 40mm Rotary Class 2 Autocannon supplied with a ton of ammunition, while mounted into the left torso is a Defiance 1001 Extended Range Particle Projection Cannon.
The Ursa was subject to the following Design Quirks:
The Ursa premiered in the MechWarrior: Age of Destruction game; within this game, additional variants were apparently introduced - the URA-2E, URA-2F and URA-2G. Record sheets haven't been published for these variants as yet.
The Master Unit List records the URA-2A as entering service in 3112 and the URA-2C as entering service in 3115. This is inconsistent with Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, which states that the Ursa entered service in the third decade of the thirty-second century. A question has been raised about this in the official forum.
URA-2A Ursa as depicted in MechWarrior: Age of Destruction
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 38-39, "URA-2A Ursa"
- MUL online date for the Ursa
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 311
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 98, "Ursa URA-2C"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 312