|Manufacturer||Vining Engineering and Salvage Team|
|Chassis||VKH Endo Steel|
|Engine||Edasich Motors 225 XXL w/Supercharger|
|Communications System||Wilson Silicon Siren (modified)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Winston Coral Snake (modified|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Volkh was originally designed by VEST to serve as a test-bed for advanced technology. VEST designers used an XXL Engine to provide enough weight savings to mount the heavy armor. To provide bursts of additional speed, they also fitted a Supercharger to the engine. This allows the Volkh to boost its speed to 97km/h briefly. This is usually enough to close or evade an opponent.
For survivability, the Volkh uses hardened armor and a Torso-Mounted Cockpit. The nearly eighteen tons of Hardened armor allow the Volkh to absorb damage that would drop an Assault 'Mech. The Volkh just keeps coming. MechWarriors who use the Volkh are more willing to get in close to an opponent, trusting that the heavy armor surrounding the cockpit will protect them from weapons fire.
The Volkh's main armament are its four Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers, these are backed up by a single Hovertech SRM-4 launcher. The lasers are also tied into an advanced Targeting Computer, providing more effective fire. At point-blank ranges it can cause crippling damage with its two Lances.
- VKH-7 - This variant swaps out the SRM-4 and three ER Medium Lasers and replaces them with a single ER Large Laser and an extra heat sink. BV (2.0)= 1,613
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 146-147
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 244
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 146
- ↑ Records Sheets: 3055 Upgrade Unabridged, p. 245