- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Vining Engineering and Salvage Team|
|Chassis||VKH Endo Steel|
|Engine||Edasich Motors 225 XXL w/Supercharger|
|Communications System||Wilson Silicon Siren (modified)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Winston Coral Snake (modified|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Volkh was originally designed by Vining Engineering and Salvage Team to serve as a test-bed for advanced technology. VEST designers used an XXL Engine to provide enough weight savings to mount the heavy armor. To provide bursts of additional speed, they also fitted a Supercharger to the engine. This allows the Volkh to boost its speed to 97km/h briefly. This is usually enough to close or evade an opponent.
For survivability, the Volkh uses hardened armor and a Torso-Mounted Cockpit. The nearly eighteen tons of Hardened armor allow the Volkh to absorb damage that would drop an Assault 'Mech. The Volkh just keeps coming. MechWarriors who use the Volkh are more willing to get in close to an opponent, trusting that the heavy armor surrounding the cockpit will protect them from weapons fire.
Weapons and Equipment
The Volkh's main armament are its four Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers, these are backed up by a single Hovertech SRM-4 launcher. The lasers are also tied into an advanced Targeting Computer, providing more effective fire. At point-blank ranges it can cause crippling damage with its two Lances.
- MUL online date for the Volkh
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 146-147
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 244
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 146
- Records Sheets: 3055 Upgrade Unabridged, p. 245