Whitworth Specialty Manufacturing
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Whitworth Specialty Manufacturing|
Incorporated on Benjamin in 3035, the company was created to manufacture spare parts specific to the WTH-1 which had become increasing rare after the destruction of the Dieron based Whitworth Company in 2776. Rumors indicate that ComStar was apparently influential in the company's start-up, reportedly part of the aid the organization offered to Theodore Kurita as part of Operation Rosebud. 
With the return of LosTech thanks to the Helm Memory Core the company expanded into developing upgrades for the mediocre design, first with field refit kits like the WTH-2 during the era of the Clan Invasion and later more involved upgrades. During the Jihad the company was under exclusive contract with the DCMS to refurbish a stockpile of old and decommissioned WTH-1s to the modern Multi-Missile Launcher equipped WTH-K version. 
Whitworth Specialty Manufacturing has a refit center on the planet Benjamin.
|Components produced on Benjamin:|
|Whitworth Type 1?? Endo Steel||Chassis - Whitworth-K|
|QuestStar||Improved Jump Jets - Whitworth-K|
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 126 - "WTH-1 Whitworth"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 44 - "WTH-2 Whitworth"