Zeta Galaxy (Clan Steel Viper)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Steel Viper Touman|
The Steel Viper Khans included the second-line Zeta in the bidding for landing rights on Tukayyid (replacing the front-line Beta Galaxy) in order to secure earlier landing times and to show their contempt for the ComGuard.
Zeta was not intended to fight on Tukayyid, but ultimately entered the action to cover the retreat of Alpha and Gamma.
During his tenure as Khan of Clan Steel Viper Perigard Zalman made Zeta Galaxy the focus of his experiments involving freeborn warriors; this meant that even before Zalman's death, Zeta was subjected to derision from many other elements of the Steel Viper touman - including the other second-line Galaxies.
As of 3061 to 3067 the commanding officer was Galaxy Commander Soren Grimaldi, who took command in 3052 after the battle of Tukayyid, replacing Bard Tsongas, who was executed for publicly fingering the Steel Viper Khans as the cause of the Steel Viper defeat on Tukayyid. In 3067 Star Colonel Monday Stoklas was serving as aide to Galaxy Commander Grimaldi.
Specialize in fighting with minimal use of communication signals.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 146, "Zeta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 67, "Steel Viper Touman"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 80, "Warden Deployment Table - Clan Steel Viper"