- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Year Extinction||IS = ~2825|
|Ammo Per Ton||6|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||3000|
|BV (2.0)||91 (Rifle)/ 11 (ammo)|
The Heavy Rifle is the largest Rifle in the family. The precursor to the modern Autocannon, the Rifle was based on the main guns used by tanks on pre-spaceflight Terra. The Heavy Rifle used heavier rounds and larger propellant loads to fire its shells. The Rifle was phased out of service with most major powers because it lacked stopping power against most battlefield units. Though it has excellent range and (unlike the Light Rifle) the Heavy Rifle can actually damage a BattleMech, its weight and ammunition capacity are no match for standard autocannon. Another drawback is the Heavy Rifle's inability to use the special munitions available to autocannon.
The Heavy Rifle is manufactured on the following planets:
|Meridian Mark II||New St. Andrews||Meridian Manufacturing||ARB-001 Arbiter|||
|Avalon Slugger||New Avalon||Novais Motors||Estevez Main Battle Tank|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 411
- Second Succession War, p. 102, "Weapons and Equipment Extinction Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 337, "All rifles subtract 3 from their damage points when attacking any battlefield unit except conventional infantry, battle armor, 'Mechs with commercial armor, and support vehicles with a BAR less than 8. This can mean that the rifle inflicts no damage."
- Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations, p. 8, "ARB-001 Arbiter"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 100, "ARB-001 Arbiter"
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 24, "Estevez"