Mosquito Light Fighter
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Mosquito Light Fighter|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Primitive)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Fixed Wing (Medium)|
|Armament|| 1x LRM-5 |
2x Machine Guns
|Crew|| 2 Enlisted/Non-Rates |
Designed as an inexpensive conventional fighter at the dawn of the Age of War, the Mosquito Light Fighter was a popular aircraft for its time. Designed by then AeroTech Industries of Andurien, the vehicle saw widespread use between the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League but also was also licensed to other minor concerns. The Mosquito's success during these times helps propelled Aerotech into an interstellar sell of its time.
Weapons and Equipment
Built with budget in mind, the Mosquito was designed to be easily maintained by its owners. Its only advanced component was its Fusion power plant, with the plant being fueled by three tons of fuel for flight. Inclusion of the Fusion plant was intended to allow the craft to carry more ordnance with its two External Stores Hardpoints.
Fighter's main firepower comes from its single 5-tube Long-Range Missile launcher found mount in the nose. Supplementing the launcher are two Machine Guns split between both of the fighter's wings. Carrying a ton's worth of ammunition for both weapons, the vehicle utilizes an Advanced Fire Control System to make each of its shots as accurate as possible.
The Mosquito's hull is protected by one ton worth of BAR Grade 6 Armor.
As of this writing, there is no Battle Value assigned to this unit.
The Mosquito Light Fighter's image originally was used for the Angel Light Fighter. Though the Angel was built by the same company that original built the Mosquito, it is unclear if they share the same design legacy.
The fighter features the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for Mosquito Light Fighter
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 13 Mosquito Light Fighter - Background information.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 13 Mosquito Light Fighter - Stats for fighter.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 13 Mosquito Light Fighter - Equipment Rating, and explanation of vehicle's construction rules..