13th Liao Lancers
|Thirteenth Liao Lancers|
|Formed||Between 2752 and 2765|
|Nickname||The Jonathan Lancers|
|Parent Command||Liao Lancers|
Star League Era
The Thirteenth Liao Lancers were raised as part of the Liao Lancers brigade. As was traditional with the Liao Lancers, approximately one third of their force consisted of citizens of their name world, in this case Jonathan. There is some evidence that suggests the Thirteenth was formed after the repeal of Council Edict 2650, and was created by promoting a Home Guard unit from Paches to the Lancers brigade.
First Succession War
In late 2787 the Thirteenth deployed in support of the Seventh Tikonov Lancers for the invasion of New Florence, a former Terran Hegemony system that had been claimed by the Federated Suns. The Armed Forces of the Federated Suns defenders had been anticipating an attack by troops from the Draconis Combine, and when the Seventh and Thirteenth invaded the AFFS troops found themselves both outnumbered and unprepared for the hit, run and harass tactics used by the Lancers. New Florence had been conquered by November 2787.
|Commanding Officers of the 13th Liao Lancers|
- Thirteenth "Jonathan" Lancers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Bell.
- Thirteenth "Jonathan" Lancers (Green/Questionable)
- - In 2786 the Fifteenth were a light-weight regiment, operating at full strength and stationed on Bell. The unit was destroyed during the war. 
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation p.12
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"
- First Succession War, p. 45, "Neglected Front: Liao Takes Advantage"