174th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|174th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||XX Corps|
The 174th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 174th was a part of XX Corps within the Thirteenth Army and was assigned to District 3 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. In 2765 the 174th was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 174th survived the Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 174th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 146, "Thirteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133