175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Desert Rats|
|Parent Formation||XXIV Corps|
In 2764 the Desert Rats were a part of XXIV Corps within the Fifth Army, and were stationed on New Aragon, assigned to District 1 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region. The 175th and then transferred to District 2 by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 175th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Montgomery "Shadow" Taylor||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 153, "Fifth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 81, "175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133