17th Rasalhagian Free Division
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|17th Rasalhagian Free Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
Predlitz was invaded in September 3050 by Clan Ghost Bear as a part of Operation REVIVAL, the Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere. The 332nd Assault Cluster attacked Predlitz with two Trinaries, the 469th Assault and 2133rd Striker Trinaries. The defenders on Predlitz consisted of the Seventeenth, Twentieth and Thirty-first Rasalhagian Free Divisions, a grand total of two armor regiments and a battalion of BattleMechs. The two Ghost Bear Trinaries represented an overwhelming force, but the Free Divisions attempted to fight a mobile defense, moving swiftly between supply caches. In the end though each Free Division was forced to make its own stand and was swiftly overwhelmed, with the first two falling at Warm Line and Durengo. The the final blow came near a region of cliffs known as Billy's Tears. The 2133rd Striker Trinary located a supply cache that none of the Free Divisions had used by that point, and staged an ambush that crushed the last Free Division forces as they attempted to get at their supplies.
|Commanding Officers of the 17th Rasalhagian Free Division|
A mixed unit formed by one 'Mech company and two armor battalions.
==> The grand total for the three Rasalhagian Free Division defending Predlitz was one battalion of mechs and two regiments of armor (six battalions). It makes sense they are divided equally.
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), p. 33
- Invading Clans, p. 32-33, "Wave Four"