18th Avalon Hussars
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Eighteenth Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
Age of War
The Eighteenth Avalon Hussars was one of the fourteen active regiments on the rolls of the Avalon Hussars brigade when the end of the Age of War was marked by the creation of the Star League and the formation of the Star League Defense Force. In common with the other regiments of the Hussars, the Eighteenth traced its roots back to the Terran Marines of the Terran Alliance, and those ties were strong enough that the Eighteenth was one of six regiments to join the SLDF when it formed in 2571. The brigade was proud enough of this that it listed the six regiments - the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth, Fifteenth and Eighteenth Hussars - as simply being on detached duty, and it would be more than half a millennium before new units would be created with the designation of any of these regiments.
|Commanding Officers of the 18th Avalon Hussars|
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 32, "Integration with the SLDF"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"