192nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|192nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XXXII Corps|
The 192nd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXII Corps, Fourteenth Army, to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region and then transferred to District 3 by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 192nd survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 192nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The 192nd would rush their opponents in waves, and once the opponent was pinned in place the 192nd's infantry units in the middle of the opponent's formation or in their rear area. When the opponent faces the infantry, the armored and 'Mech units of the division hit them in the rear. If the enemy chooses to face the armor and 'Mechs, the infantry is free to run roughshod over the enemy's rear areas.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 177
- The Star League, p. 133