1st Bryant Protectorate Militia Division
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|1st Bryant Protectorate Militia Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3078)|
|Parent Formation||Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Bryant Protectorate Militia Division was one of many Protectorate Militia Divisions to be raised by the Word of Blake during the Jihad to bolster the defenses of the Word of Blake Protectorate without adding undue strain to their supply lines of high-technology equipment. The 1st Bryant was raised from the population of Bryant and focused on the protection of that same world. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along with the 2nd Bryant Protectorate Militia Division.
When the Seventeenth Benjamin Regulars attack Bryant to claim the world for Stone's Coalition in March of 3078, Captain Lewis Carter of the 1st Bryant Protectorate Militia Division tried to keep the fighting away from urban areas to prevent potentially catastrophic collateral damage in the domes and other infrastructure that keep the survivors after the orbital Storm Inhibitors were destroyed since the Amaris Civil War.
The unit finally surrendered to Coalition forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Bryant Protectorate Militia Division|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Legacy (Anthology), "Homecoming"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"