1st Caselton Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|1st Caselton Protectorate Militia|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Caselton Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Caselton. As of 3075 it was one of the two units assigned to defend the planet along the 2nd.
When the Missiliers were leaving they detected the first Word of Blake assault on Caselton in September 3069, where mercenaries in the employ of the Blakists made several attacks on Caselton but failed to seize the world. While the Blakists eventually managed to occupy Caselton during the Jihad, AFFS forces landed on Caselton as well as the nearby worlds of Mirach and Schedar on the 2nd of December 3076 and attempted to liberate the world. The AFFS forces were unsupported by the allied coalition assembled by Devlin Stone, and the assaults were quickly slowed by the defending forces; it was reported that the assault was planned and launched by rogue elements within the AFFS command, explaining the lack of support from the coalition.
The planet was still in WoB hands in 3079, so it supported the AFFS assault. The destiny of the Protectorate Militia units defending the planet is unknown.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Caselton Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Total Chaos, pp. 80-81, Track "Brute Force"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"