1st Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|First Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
The First Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiment was a part of the Rasalhague KungsArmé (Royal Rasalhague Army), the military of the short-lived Free Rasalhague Republic, and was a part of the RRA military forces assigned to the Radstadt Province of the Republic. By 3050 the KungsArmé had ninety-seven active infantry regiments, and more than half of those regiments were mechanized regiments like the First. KungsArmé infantry regiments were noted for both benefiting from the deep sense of nationalism within the Republic, and being hampered by it; the deep-seated sense of pride instilled in the Nordic majority of the population worked against those skilled soldiers within the rank and file of the infantry regiments who happened to be of Oriental heritage, as they suffered from prejudices generated by that same sense of nationalism.
By the time Clan Wolf arrived in the Gunzburg system in December 3051, command of the forces in the Radstadt Province of the Republic had passed to General Tor Miraborg, having originally been the responsibility of Generalmajor Gunnar Mannerheim. Stationed on Gunzburg when the Wolves arrived were the Gunzburg Eagles, a BattleMech regiment, the First and a sister regiment, the Second Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiment and the First Gunzburg Armored Regiment.
In the end, the First didn't end up battling Clan Wolf forces; as part of the internal politicking within Clan Wolf, Star Colonel Marcos Radick and Khan Natasha Kerensky engaged in a competitive bidding process that saw Kerensky ultimately bid just a single person to conquer Gunzburg - Phelan Kell. Kell was able to negotiate the surrender of Gunzburg with General Miraborg, and Gunzburg became a part of the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiment|
- As a conventional unit from a state that only existed for a small period of time, it is unlikely that any additional information on the First Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiment will be forthcoming.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 66
- 20 Year Update, p. 49, "Composition"