- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Tor Miraborg, (Born 2994 - Died 30??) - Rasalhague Freedom Fighter, Soldier, MechWarrior, Officer, and later politician of the Free Rasalhague Republic. He was father of martyred AeroSpace pilot Tyra Miraborg.
During the Ronin Wars, as Överste-Löjtnant, he commanded half of the regiment when it was split off to help fight off several Kurita ronin units. His most noted combat was in September of 3034, when his command lance was caught in ambush by the remains of the 211th Mechanized Assault Command. His mercenary support unit, Dragon's Breath sustained heavy damaged. They cited a vague clause in their contract so as to withdraw from combat. This left Miraborg's unit without any additional help. The fighting ended badly, with his 'Mech being last to go down. During his ejection from his Grasshopper, one of the renegade Armored unit's Von Luckner's shells clipped his 'Mech's head. Miraborg woke several hours’ later, in a MASH unit's bed with severe injuries. The enemy fire had given him a great deal of scarring, which left his spinal cord bruised and nearly took his eye. Christian convinced Prince Magnusson to reward him. In turn for his dedication and patriotism, he was reward rank of Valdherre of Gunzburg. In 3036 Tor was injured in combat again, when his 'Mech received a head hit while fighting remains of the Gotterdammerung Society mercenary command which had been active durin the Ronin wars few years earlier. This time, his injuries left him unable to walk and bound to a wheelchair. Despite his injuries, Tor kept active in the defense of the country, now having gained the nickname "the Iron Jarl". He and his friend Månsdottir had different political policies however, despite this he was promoted to General of the Radstadt Province by his old friend's recommendations.
In 3049, Tor's anti-mercenary mentality had infected many among his people, including upcoming soldiers. Many worshipped him, scarred themselves to be just like him. During this time he had altercation with Phelan Kell, the son of mercenary Morgan Kell. Kell had tried to make romantic advances on Tor's daughter Tyra. Kell, after being beaten up by fanatical followers of Tor, was brought before him. He then was thrown off the planet, along with rest of his unit to the Periphery. After the altercation with Kell, Tor's daughter Tyra left Gunzberg and this resulted in estranging their relationship. During the Clan Invasion, Gunzburg was in the Clan Wolf invasion corridor. Star Colonel Natasha Kerensky bid one warrior, Phelan Kell (then known at that time as Phelan Wolf), to take the planet. Tor met with the masked Phelan Wolf, with his aide Kaptan Hanson Kuuisk at his side to assist. Kell tells them that they must surrender or his world will be destroyed. Kell points out his people knows all the planet's defenses and the surviving forces such as remains of 3rd Drakøn fighter squadrons taking shelter here. Tor's aid accuses Wolf emissary of bluffing about the impending destruction of the planet by Clan Wolf forces. Tor's aide attempts to attack the Wolf emissary, and is easily knocked out. Kell then points out to Tor he had a greater responsibility to people of Gunzberg. Tor, feeling a heavy heart for loss of his daughter, and with a sense of responsibility then surrenders planet to Kell. However, he states he will retire from public life. However, Phelan prevents this. He negotiated with Tor Miraborg, stating though Gunzburg would be officially under Clan Wolf rule, Tor Miraborg must maintain his role as its leader. At the time, Phelan had worn a ceremonial Wolf mask in their meeting, never revealing who he was. It was Tor himself, who informed Kell of his daughter's death.
After the Clan Wolf-Clan Jade Falcon Refusal War, Clan Wolf-in-Exile returned General Tor back to the Free Rasalhague Republic. There he turned to teaching, becoming an instructor at the Tyra Miraborg Memorial Academy.
In 3064, Gunzberg was liberated by Clan Ghost Bear forces, lead by Star Colonel Ragnar. Tor was brought back to Gunzberg. There in the ceremony, Ragnar gave Tor his mirror sunglass that Tor had given to Phelan Ward when he surrendered the planet to Clan Wolf. He and Ragnar witnessed the raising of the both Clan Ghost Bear's flag and old Free Rasalhague Republic flag at planet's capital.
Tor Myraborg was a notable Grasshopper pilot during his active military days.
- Tor's death is noted in his Brush Wars profile. The Historical was written as an in-universe review of the past, being written from the year 3071. However, it is not made clear when he died.
- Some of the older fiction (Blood Legacy) alludes to that Vincent's Vigilantes were responsible for Tor's loss of mobility in 3036. However, this was changed in later published Historical: Brush Wars.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 97, "Tor Minaborg profile" - Age 40 in year 3034 of profile.
- Historical: Brush Wars p. 97, "Tor Miraborg's profile" - Tor Miraborg's life during Ronin Wars and slight after.
- Blood Legacy, pp. 247-252, "Chapter 37" - Tor encounter with masked Phelan Wolf and surrender of Gunzberg to Clan Wolf.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 68 - "General Tor Miraborg" - brief info on his disposition.