1st Periphery Guard
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Periphery Guard LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Nickname||"The General's Own"|
|Parent Formation||Periphery March Guard|
The First Periphery Guard LCT is the premiere combat unit of the Periphery March Guard.
Formed as the first unit of the new Periphery March, the First Periphery March Guard is essentially the Remagen CMM RCT given a new name. After driving pirates out of the Malagrotta Cooperative, the Remagen CMM was very experienced. Duke Marsin simply converted the CMM unit into the new First Periphery Guard to honor the unit. As the First Guard is essentially half of an RCT, the unit contains some unique equipment. The heavy armor regiment usually uses assault class tanks, and features a battalion of C3 equipped units. The faster cavalry unit makes extensive use of C3 equipped hovertanks. The First Guard also retained the artillery battalion and elite commandos of the RCT. A regiment of battle armored infantry rounds out the conventional forces. The unit's 'Mech battalion features designs from all weight classes.
Elements of the First Periphery Guard deployed to Great Gorge in 3139 on a humanitarian relief mission despite Great Gorge having left the Federated Suns many years before. Tens of thousands of people had been left homeless after atypical spring rains led to flooding across large areas of New Stockton, and the Periphery Guard deployed almost twenty assorted VTOLs including a number of Bishop Transport VTOLs to deliver clean water to relief centers and to rescue survivors.
With the planetary militia in shambles a pirate group took advantage of the chaos by staging a raid, targeting the gold storeshouses located near Great Gorge's planetary spaceport. With only a single lance of BattleMechs and few ground combat vehicles from the Periphery Guard on Great Gorge, some of the VTOL crews improvised, led by Sergeant Daniel Minos; taking shipping containers of munitions that had been intended to be a goodwill gift to the planetary militia from the AFFS, the crews rigged the munitions with detonators and proceeded to drop the containers on top of the pirate force and their Union-class DropShip at the spaceport. The explosions caused by the crates containing tons of munitions surprised the pirates, and when the loads carried by the four Bishops had been dropped, the bulk of the pirate forces had been destroyed along with their DropShip.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Periphery Guard|
The First Periphery Guard is skilled in night fighting.
1st Periphery Guards LCT (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: General Mark Scheller
- CO: Colonel Yun Von Wegberg
1st Periphery Guards Armor Brigade (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Endre Matejka
1st Periphery Guards Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Meirion Ermacora
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 61
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 22, "Bishop Transport VTOL"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 73, "Islamabad Combat Region (Islamabad Command)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 94
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 189