229th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|229th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Steel Alchemists|
|Parent Formation||XXXVII Corps|
The 229th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on New Syrtis, assigned as a part of the XXXVII Corps, Fourth Army, to District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 229th was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising in 2765.
|Commanding Officers of the 229th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Chu-hau Ling||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 152, "Fourth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 69, "229th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133