253rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|253rd Mechanized Infantry Divisiion|
|Unit Profile (as of 2767)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The 253rd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Kestrel, assigned as a part of the XXXIII Corps, Third Army, to District 2 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed are of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 253rd was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 253rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Hudson Apostolov||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 151, "Third"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 61, "253rd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133