2nd Kaus Borealis Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Kaus Borealis Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Kaus Borealis Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Kaus Borealis. As of 3075 the planet had raised two planetary divisions, the 1st and the 2nd.
Kaus Borealis was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad.
In late August 3075 Alpha and Omega Galaxies of Clan Ghost Bear arrived and launched a campaign to liberate the planet, ignoring all hails from Draconis Combine forces. In mid September the allied coalition leader Devlin Stone travelled to Kaus Borealis with a small diplomatic party to meet with Clan Ghost Bear and attempt to enlist their support for the coalition. On the 21st of September, the Ghost Bears agreed to assist the coalition, and soon launched another wave of attacks against nearby worlds occupied by the Blakists. The Ghost Bear forces attacking Kaus Borealis were supported by WarShips, including the Leviathan-class battleship CGB Leviathan, but after a Blakist ambush in the nearby Ascella system cost the Ghost Bears almost a full Cluster of troops the CGB Leviathan was redeployed to Ascella to hunt down the remaining Blakist Pocket WarShips and aerospace fighters.
The struggle to control Kaus Borealis evidently continued for some time, as scouts from the allied coalition raided Kaus Borealis (along with a number of other worlds) on the 25th of March 3076.
The exact destruction date of the unit is unknown.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Kaus Borealis Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Omega Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 47, "Cebalrai Free, But At What Cost?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"