2nd Sakhara Academy Training Battalion
|Second Sakhara Academy Training Battalion|
|Formed||First Succession War|
|Disbanded||Second Succession War|
|Parent Command||Sakhara Academy|
The Second Sakhara Academy Training Battalion was one of six ad hoc regiments of troops formed by the staff and students of the Sakhara Academy during the First Succession War.
Founded during the First Succession War along with five sister training battalions, the Second Sakhara was a mixed regiment formed from the students and staff of the Sakhara Academy. The Second soon distinguished itself; fighting alongside its sister commands, the Second fought off three separate attacks by the Third Sword of Light and three other veteran BattleMech regiments. This became known as the Days of Jousting at Dragons, and established Sakhara Academy's reputation.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Sakhara Academy Training Battalion|
Second Sakhara Academy Training Battalion (Battalion/Green/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Second Sakhara was a heavy-weight unit operating at a strength of roughly four companies, and was based on Xhosa VII.
Second Sakhara Academy Training Battalion (Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Second Sakhara was a medium-weight unit operating slightly above full strength, and was based on Xhosa VII. The unit was destroyed during the war.
- First Succession War, p. 134, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- Second Succession War, p. 94, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 155, "Sakhara Academy"