Bryceland (Individual Fox-class WarShip)
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
The Fox-class corvette Bryceland was one of twelve Fox-class WarShips to remain in service with the AFFS after the devastation of the FedCom Civil War. In October 3067 the Bryceland was guarding New Avalon alongside a sister ship, the FSS Antrim, when a trio of Word of Blake WarShips appeared. The three Blakist WarShips - the Essex-class destroyer WoBS Divine Forigveness, Riga-class frigate WoBS Red Angel and the Aegis-class heavy cruiser WoBS Herald of Justice had been positioned in the outskirts of the New Avalon system along with orders to jump to New Avalon and reveal themselves as the new defenders of the Federated Suns capital world after the Word of Blake had been accepted into the Second Star League. The collapse of the Second Star League ahead of the vote saw the three ships issued new orders; to punish the Federated Suns. The Antrim and Bryceland attempted to interdict the Blakist fleet as it approached New Avalon, and managed to cripple and then destroy the WoBS Herald of Justice via suicidal collisions but despite the heavy fighting in space the AFFS could not prevent the Word from bombarding Avalon City and dropping almost a division of ground troops onto the city.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 124, "WarShips of the AFFS"
- Total Chaos, p. 43-45, "New Avalon (sidebar)"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 44, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"