- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Type 59-40M|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Eagle Eye SY10-10|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
The Daimyo is named for the title used for warlords from the medieval Japanese empire. The 'Mech, first produced in 3053, attempts to live up to the heritage of its name admirably. It is armed primarily for long range combat but can hold its own if the situation warrants it. The Daimyo's maximum speed of 86.4 kph and its Nissan 200 fusion engine make the Daimyo a rugged 'Mech that can survive an amazing amount of damage, while bringing the fight to the enemy.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary long range weapon on the Daimyo is a Lord's Light 2 ER PPC, which allows the 'Mech to strike at an enemy from extreme ranges. Once the 'Mech closes with its enemy, it is able to bring its close range arsenal to bear. This consists of two Victory 23R Medium Lasers, which are backed up by a Shannon SH-60 SRM-6 missile launcher.
- An attempt to make the Daimyo a cooler running 'Mech, the 2K variant removes the ER PPC and replaces it with an ER Large Laser and a double heat sink. While this does give the Daimyo a better heat profile, it also shortens the distance at which the Daimyo can strike an enemy. BV (1.0) = 928, BV (2.0) = 1,057
- The 4K variant of the Daimyo is also an attempt to modify the 'Mech to make it more heat efficient. This variant accomplishes this by removing the SRM-6 launcher and replacing it with an additional Medium Laser. The saved weight is used to add four more double heat sinks, making the Daimyos heat curve much more manageable. BV (1.0) = 1,034, BV (2.0) = 1,150
- The 5K variant comes the closest of any of the variants to living up to the 'Mech's name. The SRM-6 launcher has been removed from the 'Mech and replaced with a C3 Master Computer, allowing it to coordinate the actions of a C3 lance. The 'Mech is extremely valuable as a medium command 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 955, BV (2.0) = 1,087
- DMO-1K2 Daimyo Al-Shahab
- The combination of a captured DCMS Daimyo and ComStar experimental technologies, has made the personal 'Mech of brutal and ruthless pirate leader Hakim al-Shahab, a sight to be feared. Refitted on Antallos prior to Clan Snow Raven's seizure of that world, a Supercharger connected to a captured 200 rated Light Fusion Engine enhances its ability to withdraw from any threat able to withstand its Capacitor augmented Heavy PPC and twin Small X-Pulse Lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,338 
- MUL online date for the Daimyo
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 34
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 35
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 36
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 37
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates, p. 4, 17
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 Design Quirk Table - Daimyo Entry.