- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
The Samarkand-class carrier Deal Breaker was a Star League Defense Force WarShip that survived the Hegemony Campaign to liberate Terra from the forces of Stefan Amaris, and subsequently followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus.
Languishing in mothballs for centuries as a part of the small Clan Diamond Shark naval cache in the Vinton system, the Deal Breaker was reactivated by the Diamond Sharks at some point between 3067 and 3073, and by January 3073 was the only Diamond Shark WarShip active in the Vinton system. While the Diamond Sharks had attempted to reactivate the other two WarShips in the Vinton naval cache, both had been too badly damaged by a comet that passed nearby in 3011 to be salvageable.
Forces from Clan Coyote launched an invasion of Vinton in August 3073 and the Deal Breaker and the local SDS formed the first line of defense against the Coyote attack. The SDS destroyed the CCS Broken Sea and the CCS Courage, and the Deal Breaker quickly gutted the Lola III-class destroyer CCS Honor of Ages. Despite this initial success, the Deal Breaker was unable to match the Cameron-class battlecruiser Blood of the Coyote, which swiftly smashed the Deal Breaker even as several Stars of AeroSpace Fighters were destroying key components of the SDS to allow the Coyote ground forces to land.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 130, "Vengeance on Vinton"