Extended Range Large Pulse Laser
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|ER Large Pulse Laser|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
The Extended Range Large Pulse Laser is the largest ER Pulse Laser created by the scientists of Clan Wolf. Inflicting as much damage as a standard PPC, the pulse laser offers the warrior using it a better chance of hitting a target. Unfortunately, the longer range of the weapon slightly reduces its accuracy when compared to traditional pulse laser weapons.
Though the ER Pulse laser series reached the advanced prototype stage in 3057, the events of the Refusal War and the formation of Clan Wolf-in-Exile prevented them from reaching production. Clan Wolf lost many of the developers to Clan Wolf-in-Exile, and the Exiled Wolves were too busy trying to survive to begin production of these weapons.
The ER Large Pulse Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- Tactical Operations, pp. 406-407, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 320, "ER Pulse Laser"