By 2470, Lucas Technologies merged with General Mechanics, forming one of the largest military contractors in the Terran Hegemony. In 2767, General Mechanics was taken over by General Motors, though several planets still refer to their local branches by the original branch name. 
General Mechanics has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 11
- Handbook House Davion, p.172
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 200, "Produced Kintaro Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 3
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 10