Gerald Marik (31st c.)
|Gerald Marik III|
|Parents||Janos Marik (father)|
Hilda Lauber (mother)
The second child of Captain-General Janos Marik by his wife Hilda Lauber, Gerald was born in 2982. Gerald was one of ten legitimate children known to have been sired by his father and one of seven children born to Janos' first wife.
Gerald sided with Anton Marik and the rebels in the 3014 civil war in the Free Worlds League. In that war, he commanded the Third Marik Militia and the Fourth Ducal Guard. On Berenson, his forces fought a running battle with the 15th Marik Militia until ordered to retreat.
- Gerald was the third notable Marik to carry his name. Gerald Marik I and Gerald Marik II were both former Captains-General.
- By the time of Gerald's execution in 3015 three of his siblings had already died; his younger brother Cartwright had died in 2998, his younger sister Faith had died in 3012 and his youngest half-brother Janos had died in 3008.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), "Marik family tree"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 171, "The Free Worlds League"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 135, "Personalities"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 55, "The Loyalists Strike Back"