|Manufacturer||CJF Factory Zone 4|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Olivetti Stage 9|
|Armor||Raydient Series 5|
|Engine||Gorvachs 300 XL|
|Communications System||Raptor X-T Type iii|
|Targeting Tracking System||Goshawk E-Series|
|Heat Sinks||17 double|
The Jupiter was designed by Clan Jade Falcon to complement their premier assault 'Mech, the Turkina, during the Jihad. Although not as versatile as the Turkina, it was developed from the most commonly available parts at the time, giving the Jupiter a rugged and easily repaired design that many other designs cannot match. Due to its durability, Jupiters have been spotted in many mercenary and House armies throughout the post-Jihad Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
The Jupiter is armed for long range combat. The 'Mech mounts a pair of Type XX ER PPCs and two Series IV LRM-15 launchers, giving it excellent long range capabilities. These are backed up by four Type DL Ultra AC/5s which allow the 'Mech to put a large volume of fire downrange. Additionally, the ER PPCs allow the 'Mech to stay in combat when its ammunition-dependent weapons have been silenced due to a lack of ammunition in prolonged engagements.
- Jupiter 2
- The Jupiter 2 is a more maneuverable variant of the Jupiter. The 'Mech removes the Ultra AC/5s and replaces them with a pair of Ultra AC/10s. The LRM-15s have been upgraded with Artemis IV for increased accuracy. Finally, to increase its maneuverability, the Jupiter 2 has had jump jets added that allow it to jump up to ninety meters. BV (1.0) = 2,915; BV (2.0) = 3,278
Dark Age Dossier Variants
- JF042-11A Phoenix Wolf
- Seemingly a variant of the Jupiter 4, the captured 'Mech piloted by Wolf's Dragoons warrior Geo Keane mounts a pair of Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Lasers instead of the ER PPCs alongside the retained Series IV Artemis-enhanced LRM-15 and Pattern J4 Streak SRM-4 launchers.
The Jupiter was originally introduced to the BattleTech universe by WizKids in their MechWarrior: Age of Destruction Collectible Miniatures Game. The design first appeared in then called Classic BattleTech in record sheet form with the print-only publication of Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I. Principally BattleTech-style stats were given to the Jupiter in the form of Dossiers releases at initial release of the game for unique pilots. The Standard version of the Jupiter and the Jupiter 2 originated from the dossiers and later exclusive Dark Age Record Sheet Book. Which went out print for a time.
The Jupiter would later be reintroduced into the BattleTech universe with the release of Technical Readout: 3075, where the third variant was introduced. WizKids' Liao Incursion has unique pilots with dossiers featuring a then unnamed Jupiter 4 variant, which sported missile launchers in place of the autocannons. This variant's record sheet would not be introduced until Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades was published.
Jupiter from TRO:3075
One original Jupiter from MWDA dossiers
"Overlord"-Jupiter miniature from MechWarrior: Battleforce set
- MUL online date for the Jupiter (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 149: "Jupiter 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 278
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 133
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 279
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 280
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 196
- BattleMech Manual, p. 92: BattleMech Quirk Table - Jupiter Entry
- Master Unit List
- MWDA Dossier - Erin Johnston (Dark Age)
- MWDA Dossier - Geo Keane (Liao Incursion)
- MWDA Dossier - Leala Banach (Liao Incursion)
- MWDA Dossier - "One-Eye" Jack Farrell (Dark Age)
- Record Sheets: 3075
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Technical Readout: 3075