|Engine||Magna 250 Fusion|
|Communications System||WuChat 2.4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Rander TA2|
The Korvin Tank was built in the early 2300s around the Large Laser, which had recently been developed by the Terran Hegemony and copied by the Capellan Confederation. The penetrating power of the energy weapon was second to none at the time and it gave the Korvin a powerful edge as most combat vehicles were ill-prepared for it. The Korvin did not age well. As armor became better and a single blast from its signature weapon was no longer enough to penetrate to the internal structure, the Korvin was not as successful, so it was relegated to garrison duty. Wu Industries attempted to bring it back with a new model in 2430. The average design was not able to save the company, which failed in 2612.
The Fusion Engine that was needed to power the laser also gave the Korvin an edge as it was lighter than an Internal Combustion Engine. It gave the tank enough power to get up to 86 km/h. Eight tons of armor provide reasonable protection for the vehicle.
Weapons and Equipment
- The primitive version of the Korvin carried four tons of BAR 6 armor. It carried two Large Lasers in the turret while the rear and right and left sides were covered by Machine Guns. Produced in the New Hessen ArmorWorks, this Korvin was the standard Capellan Confederation tank for over a century and eventually was handed to militia units which used it for another 150 years. The vehicle was construction what would be support vehicle methods, the vehicle would include equipment rating of D/C-X-X-E. Though the Laser was effective against most armor of the day, it was a troublesome component that required near constant maintenance. The same was true of the Fusion Engine. BV (2.0) = 647 In the twenty-ninth century, the Umayyad Caliphate was producing clones of this Korvin model. How long they remained in production is unknown.
Original Korvin from TRO:3075
- MUL online date for the Korvin
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 238, "Korvin Tank"
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 238-239, "Korvin Vehicle Profile"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 10
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 225
- Touring the Stars: Valencia, pp. 8, 11