Light Sub-Capital Laser
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Light Sub-Capital Laser|
|Type||Capital Direct Energy|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3073 (WoB)|
|Damage|| 1 (Capital) |
|Critical Slots||1 (Capital)|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
The Light Sub-Capital Laser, also known as the SCL/1, was the smallest of the Sub-Capital Lasers produced by the Word of Blake. Though it didn't inflict the massive amounts of damage of its heaver cousins, it could fire as long as it had power. In addition, the relatively small size of the weapon meant that it could be mounted on even the smallest DropShip platform, so the Word could put many of these weapons into combat. Individually they might only pack the punch of an Autocannon/10, but when used en masse they could easily damage or destroy all but the strongest targets.
Though they were more responsive to their control systems than their larger cousins, they still had difficulty targeting targets smaller than 500 tons.
- Tactical Operations, p. 411, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 341, "Sub-Capital Lasers"
- Tactical Operations, p. 410, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Inner Sphere Cabital Scale Weapons And Equipment BV Table"