- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Mamono Infantry Fighting Vehicle|
|Armor||StarGuard Aurora Reflective with CASE|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Neil 500|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cirxese BallistaCheck and CirxeseRockeCheck with Apollo FCS|
The Mamono Infantry Fighting Vehicle was designed by Pesht Motors to meet the demand for a new infantry transport when the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery shifted doctrines to embrace the widespread use of battle armor in combined-arms formations. The Mamono was intended to operate in areas where other transports such as the Hiryo were vulnerable to enemy fire.
Manufactured on Unity and capable of transporting either a squad of battle armor suits or a complete platoon of conventional infantry in the eight-ton Infantry Compartment built into the vehicle, the Mamono was tougher and better armed than the Goblin and Hasek vehicles it resembled. Protected by ten tons of Reflective Armor and capable of limited amphibious operations, the Mamono was very popular with conventional infantry forces, but was noticeably less popular with the battle armor forces for which it had originally been designed.
Weapons and Equipment
The Marmono mounted several turret-mounted weapon systems - a Shigunga MRM 40 Launcher, enhanced by an Apollo Fire Control System, a Lord's Light 5 Snub-Nose Particle Projection Cannon and a Chosatsugai no Kanai Anti-Missile System. Sperry Browning Light Machine Guns were fixed onto the left and right sides of the Marmono. Stored inside the body of the vehicle in ammunition bins protected by CASE were two tons of ammunition for the MRM 40, a ton of ammunition for the AMS and half a ton of ammunition for the Light Machine Guns.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 22-23, "Mamono IFV"
- online date for the Mamono
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 130