Republic Institute of Strategic Combat
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Republic Institute of Strategic Combat|
|Primary Products||Experimental Technology|
The Republic Institute for Strategic Combat was an ultra-advanced Research and Development think-tank operated by the Republic of the Sphere. So-called RISC Technology developed by the institute appeared on the battlefield during the Dark Age following Fortress Republic.
One of Exarch Jonah Levin's last acts prior to declaring the enactment of Fortress Republic was the creation of the Republic Institute for Strategic Combat. Located at Sandhurst and placed under the direction of Paladin Kaffyd Op Owens, RISC was intended by Levin as a R&D facility for radically new technologies that would help the Republic Armed Forces in any future campaign to reclaim Republic worlds.
However, RISC would be broken up and absorbed by various branches of the Republic of the Sphere Government and military branches after a few years.
Republic Institute of Strategic Combat has a manufacturing center on the following planet:
|Components produced on Terra:|
|Goshawk II RISC||Medium BattleMech (As of 3136)|
- Era Report: 3145, p. 124 "Museum Technica - The Next Evolution - RISC Technology"
- Interstellar Operations, p. 93 Hyper Pulse Module - "Fluff describes that the RISC organization was broken up and its various projects were seeded into other parts of the Government.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, p. 6, "Goshawk II RISC"