- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
Established in 3082 by the newborn Republic's Currency and Commodity Act, the Stone is the common monetary unit of the Republic of the Sphere. Though available in a variety of denominations in both coins and notes, many people prefer to use personal credit devices that are accepted nearly everywhere instead. Coins come in 0.01, 0.25, 1, 2, 5 and 10-stone denominations, with the obverse of the coin showing the ten-pointed Republic star with the reverse featuring the denomination; coins are distinguished by size and the metal from which they are cast.
Notes in common circulation include 1,5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000-stone denominations. Each note features the Republic crest on the back and a holographic image of one of the notable and recognizable landmarks from one of the Republic's worlds on the front, such as the Capitol Rotunda from Geneva on Terra, the Colossi of New Rhodes III or the Pyramids of New Egypt on Vega. The only exception is the 1-stone note which instead features a representation of a person, a three-quarter profile bust of Devlin Stone himself.
There are four major mints that are charged with producing both coinage and notes in the appropriate denominations for use throughout the Republic, located on Terra, Skye, Ozawa and Irian. Additionally, each of the remaining six Prefectures maintains its own subsidiary mint.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 174 "Republic of the Sphere - Industry and Economy - Currency"