Teleoperated Capital Missile
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
Special teleoperated versions of the Star League capital missiles were developed in the late 3050's by the Draconis Combine Admiralty to overcome two problems with the original missiles: Their expendable nature and the guidance package. If the capital missile missed its target, it would simply self-destruct. Though this prevented navigation hazards, it was still wasteful, particularly with the primitive guidance packages the post Succession Wars era Successor States could manufacture. The easiest way to solve the problem was to remove the guidance package and install communications links that would allow friendly operators to guide the missile like a remote-controlled AeroSpace Fighter. Though the teleoperated missiles lost the ability to attack small craft, the ability to manually guide the missile and change targets more than made up for it.
Teleoperated Capital Missiles are particularly popular on Pocket WarShips, as these missiles are one of the few Capital Weapons that can fit on DropShip-sized vessels, like the Leopard class Pocket WarShips used by the Word of Blake.
- White Shark-T
- Killer Whale-T
- Kraken-T Noteworthy because it's only available in a teleoperated version.
- TechManual, p. 292
- AeroTech 2, p. 41 - "Teleoperated Missiles"
- AeroTech 2, p. 46 - "Weapons, Ammunition, and Other Equipment"