12th Division (Word of Blake)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|12th Division - Harbingers of Blake|
|Unit Profile (as of 3078)|
|Nickname||Harbingers of Blake|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Harbingers of Blake was thought at time of its appearance to be a unit that existed only on paper from various intelligence sources in '66. By Last of the Whitting Conferences, its existence was revealed. The unit became strengthened in 3070 with mass defection of the Free Worlds League's 6th Free Worlds Legionnaires on Oliver. The Legionnaires were split up and formed the Harbingers' Dreams of Sunrise and Blessed Converts Level III units. Within month of the Legionnaires' defection, the 12th Division was assaulted by mercenary company, Legion of the Rising Sun. The Harbingers were victorious over them and shattered the merenary command. Later that year in December, rebel Marik forces led by Alys Rousset-Marik attacked the Harbingers and extracted the last remaining company of the Legion off the planet.
As of 3075, the 12th Division is part of forces operating in the "Marik Quarter" of the Blake Protectorate.
During Devlin Stone's invasion of the Word of Blake Protectorate in 3078, the Twelfth was stationed on New Earth with the 10th Division. It was one of the few Divisions to have escaped the Coalition forces, being listed as Missing In Action with it's fate left as a mystery.
The 12th Division specialized in defensive actions.
- Exact composition is unknown as of 3075, these are the reported formations operating within it.
- Dreams of Sunrise III-Alpha
- Blessed Converts III-Beta
As of this writing, it has not been made clear what the Twelfth Division was doing prior to the unit disappearing from the Protectorate after Operation: SCOUR.
Players may roll against the Random Rolling Table for House Marik. When the 12th Division is being used as the defender, it gains a positive modifier to its inititive rolls.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 90 - "12th Division unit profile"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126-127 - Legacies of the Word "The 12th Division's later years assignment and disappearance.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 140 - "Rule Annex" - (Special ablity) mentions that the unit gets a bonus when it is the defender.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 140, "Rules Annex"