1st New Hessen Irregulars
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|1st New Hessen Irregulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Fillippe Asaeu|
Succession Wars service and Destruction
As with the entireity of the Hampton's Hessens, the First New Hessen Irregulars was formed by the military-oriented noble families of the Capellan Confederation world of New Hessen primarily to defend that world as well as nearby Westerhand and Alrescha from the maelstrom of the Succession Wars. Save for the Hessens involvement in a moderately successful raid against House Davion-held Aosia in 2987, the units of Hampton's Hessens remained on the defensive in the Tikonov Commonality. With the nobles of New Hessen rather than Capellan treasury supporting the Hessens, successive Chancellors would be content to leave them in place to strengthen the region and allow the posting of Capellan Confederation Armed Forces line-units elsewhere.
Reformation and Jihad service
The First New Hessen Irregulars would be reconstituted shortly before the Jihad. Their first contract was with the LAAF to garrison Thorin. When the Jihad started a few months later, the Word of Blake destroyed much of Hampton's Hessians. The survivors were ordered to Galatea, where they linked up with the rest of the Hessen Irregulars.
The Hessen Irregulars made plans to return to New Hessen, and took many smaller mercenary units and civilians with them. The trip took many months, because the Hessans lacked complete JumpShip assets, but as they faced Blakist forces, casualties quickly reduced the flotilla's size. Their largest loss took place in the New Canton system, where the Irregulars were forced to abandon a battalion of friendly troops. A few weeks later they arrived at New Hessen and found a strong garrison in place. The local government had built up a massive defense garrison, and the Hessans were quickly rebuilt. They then jumped to New Canton and dropped every BattleMech into the Blakist's garrison and re-education camps while fighters destroyed static defenses and opened holes in the camp walls. As the Irregular's DropShips landed outside the city, General Hampton led a fighting withdrawal to protect the refugees from the Word of Blake forces. The brutal close range fighting cost the Irregulars a battalion of troops, but they rescued the battalion of soldiers they had to abandon earlier and hundreds of refugees.
The First New Hessen Irregulars will attract the focus of enemy forces to lure it away from important targets. And will attack then en masse the key objectives before the defenders can regroup.
Dragoon Rating: C
1st New Hessen Irregulars (3 Battalions) (Regular/Reliable) - CCAF
First New Hessen Irregulars (1 Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: General Kurt Festerling
- XO/2nd Battalion: Major Roberto Smythe
- 3rd Battalion: Major Jonathan Carrey
- The unit contains two companies of assault 'Mechs, four heavy companies, and the rest evenly split between medium and lights. The unit is 50% upgraded.
128th New Hessen UDR (1 Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Murray William
- XO/2nd Battalion: Major Jack Durgan
- 3rd Battalion: Major William Perot
- The regiment provide heavy armor support for the 'Mech units of the brigade
- House Liao (Capellan Confederation) p. 96 "Hampton's Hessens"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 64
- Mercenaries Supplemental II p. 41 - "Unit Profile"