2nd Taurian Pride
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Second Taurian Pride|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||VI Corps|
The Second Taurian Pride was the second regiment of the TDF assigned to the VI Corps.
The Second Taurian Pride was the first regiment to support Marshal Kithron's call for Protector Grover Shraplen to act as a regent for Erik Marsten-Calderon. The unit held their peace prior to the formation of the Calderon Protectorate, hoping that the Taurian Concordat would view them as "loyal opposition" rather than traitors.
After the formation of the Calderon Protectorate the Second was split up and used to garrison Lastpost, Oscar, and Diik. In February 3067 the Protector's Pride battalion of the Second was stationed on Gaul, clashing with the Concordat V Corps. Both V Corps and the Second Taurian Pride had supporting mercenary forces; V Corps was being supported by Gordon's Armored Cavalry, while the Second was being supported by Lennox's Light Horse. An ambush stages by the Light Horse in mid-to-late February resulted in the death of Marshal Amanda Revin, the commanding officer of V Corps.
During the early Jihad they spent time conducting probing attacks on the Concordat, but a spike in pirate raids forced them to stop the assaults. They spent the rest of the Jihad fighting the pirates, who were equipped with technology more advanced than was usually used by pirates. They were the garrison forces for Oscar and Lastpost in 3079.
Like their sister regiment (the First Taurian Pride) the Second was disgusted by the conduct of their former countrymen during the Taurian Concordat's invasion of the Federated Suns. The unit wished to punish the Taurians for their behavior, but the Protectorate couldn't afford to let them start a war with the Concordat. They remained on Oscar and Lastpost in 3085 protecting both worlds against pirate assaults.
In 3105 the Clean Kill mercenary unit arrived on Diik covertly. The defenders inflicted heavy losses on the mercenaries, but the arrival of the Second Taurian Pride was required to destroy the unit completely. The Second later sent a battalion to participate in Operation TRIDENT, a 3129 multi-state effort to destroy the Tortuga Pirates.
The Second Taurian Pride participated in several wargames with the First Davion Guards in 3106. The Second Taurian Pride was stationed on Mirfak in the 3110s as relations between the Calderon Protectorate and Taurian Concordat soured. They were the first responders to any TDF force that attacked the Protectorate. At the same time they were frequently sent to the various independent systems that seceded from the Condordat during and after the Jihad, offering an invitation to join the Protectorate. They were still based on Mirfak in 3145.
As of 3067 the unit was commanded by Colonel David Summerheim.
- CO: Colonel Earnest Julian
- First Battalion: Brigadier Francis Blake
- Second Battalion: Brigadier Marra Westin
- Wing Commander: Air Master, SG Cameron Clarke
Seventh Gaul Armored Regiment (1 Battalion/Regular/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Brigadier Hannah Jalter
- Infantry Commander: Cornet Tamara Cross
Second Taurian Pride (1 Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel David Summerheim
Second Pride Defense Division (Wing/Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Air Master Samuel Eretz
Seventh Gaul Armored Regiment (Battalion/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Subaltern Julie Phelps
Calderon's Commandos (Battalion/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Force Sergeant Terrence Red-Bear
Second Taurian Pride (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel August Sims
Second Pride Defense Division (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Air Master Mikhail Albaf
Seventh Gaul Armored (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Fran Lapointe
Calderon's Commandos (1 Battalion/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Subaltern Kleon Bullock
Second Taurian Pride (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Tessa Hanks
Second Pride Defense Division (Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Senior Air Master Miles Velasquez
Ninth Mirfak Armor (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Kip Hinston
Twelfth Mirfak Infantry (Green/Reliable)
- Colonel Jerrod Ligon
When led by Brigadier Marra Westin, the Second can use Banking the Initiative and is considered an Elite command. These abilities are lost if her 'Mech is crippled or destroyed. If she's killed, the opposing force gains the Overrun Combat and Forcing the Initiative special abilities.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 68, "2nd Taurian Pride Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 203, "Calderon Protectorate Deployment Table - 3067"
- The Gulf of Reason
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 13
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 145
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 151, "Lesser Periphery States Deployment Table - 3085"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 44
- Era Report: 3145, p. 51
- 'Field Manual: 3145, p. 197
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 202, "Taurian Pride"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 153