42nd Galedon Regulars
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|42nd Galedon Regulars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Climbing Daystar|
|Parent Formation||Galedon Regulars|
During Operation Bulldog, accompanied by ComStar's 31st Division the 42nd "captured" of the Clan Nova Cat held world of Chupadero, successfully winning a AeroSpace Fighter Trial of Possession against the Cat's 15th Garrison Cluster. 
Leading the charge to take Virentofta alongside the 31st Division, 1st Federated Suns Armored Cavalry, Stirling's Fusiliers and Northwind Hussars, in some of the most brutal fighting during second wave of Bulldog the 42nd and other SLDF forces faced the 151st Garrison Cluster of the Jaguar's Omega Galaxy, the Clan troops fighting to the last man. 
The 42nd then travelled to Rockland with the 31st Division, Sterling's Fusiliers, Northwind Hussars, joined by the 11th and 16th Legions of Vega from Turtle Bay to destroy Nu Galaxy's 10th Garrison Cluster, but the Jaguar unit only offered token resistance to the invading SLDF forces before abandoning the world. 
Federated Suns Incursion
In 3068 the Forty-second Galedon regulars declared their loyalty to the Black Dragon Society. Their JumpShips abandoned them upon learning of their disloyalty, stranding the Forty-second on Kanowit. For the next six years the world was allegedly controlled by the Society, but in 3074 loyal citizens (with DEST support) overthrew the traitors. The Forty-second lifted offworld and apparently met up with the Essex-class DCA Sabre Cat. The Forty-second hasn't been seen since, and the Coordinator has declared the unit ronin and stricken its colors from the rolls.
The tactics of the Forty-second vary by battalion. The First and Second Battalions, drawn from the 8th and 34th respectively, retain their old units' tactical specialties. The Third Battalion, having less experience, has no specialty.
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Richard Hanson
- XO: Chu-sa Mark Gosch
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Chin Lo Shek
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Lisa Shure
- Wing Commander: Chu-sa Don Magnusson
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Victor Kowalski
42nd Galedon Regulars (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Mark Gosch
42nd Galedon Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Chu-sa Harold Merlin
131st Kanowit Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Chu-sa Raymond Wolfcastle
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 68, "Unit Profile"
- The Dragon Roars, pp. 10-13, 15-16 "Wave One - The Katana Falls"
- The Dragon Roars, pp. 10-13, 24-25 "Wave Two - Driving Forward"
- The Dragon Roars, pp. 10-13, 44-45 "Wave Three - Bringing down the Jaguar"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 108
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 10