8th Galedon Regulars
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|8th Galedon Regulars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
|Nickname||"The Fate of Enemies"|
|Parent Formation||Galedon Regulars|
The Eighth Galedon Regulars were a heavy BattleMech regiment in service to the Draconis Combine. During the Third Succession War their 'Mech forces were two thirds heavy and assault units and they only used the heaviest light and medium 'Mechs.
September 12 3028 the Eighth dropped onto Harrow's Sun and engaged the Wolf's Dragoons in what turned into a long protracted siege. Elements of the Eighth faced elements of Wolf's Dragoons Epsilon Regiment. They spent several months besieging the Dragoons, who had taken shelter in an AFFS fortress named Fort Belvoir. After several months of ineffective aerospace fighter and BattleMech strikes, the Eighth deployed combat engineers who tunneled into the fort. Infantry attached to the Galedon Regulars seized multiple high points in the fortress itself and killed the Federated Suns militia assisting the Dragoons. As the Dragoons turned to face this threat, the Galedon Regulars' BattleMechs charged through the minefields and attacked. The Dragoons and Regulars fought for several days, but eventually the Dragoons were forced to withdraw to Crossing.
The Eighth Galedon Regulars pursued the Dragoons to Crossing. As the Dragoons established a fortification at Tartarus Caldera, the Eighth arrived and set up camp along the caldera's southern edge. This allowed them to use a wide four-lane road to reach the summit. They advanced at the same time other Galedon Regulars regiments assaulted the Caldera. Though they were able to use the road, this also exposed them to heavy fire from the Dragoons. They faced the Black Widow Company and fought Colonel Jaime Wolf himself. Eventually the Dragoons prevailed, and the Eighth started a withdrawal from the caldera. They faced Dragoon infantry armed with Inferno missiles. The infantry ignited several 'Mechs, but none were lost.
The Eighth, along with the remaining bulk of the Sixth Benjamin Regulars, were assigned to recapture the BattleMech manufacturing planet of Marduk for the Combine under the command of the Sixth's Commanding Officer Sho-sho Goros. Undermanned and outnumbered, hampered by the old-school "victory or death" suicide charges and bitter arguments between unit commanders, the Combine taskforce suffered heavy losses but held on in desperation in the remains of a Succession Wars era fort. The DCMS taskforce was ultimately saved by the recall of all AFFS combat units from the Draconis Combine, returning Marduk to Combine hands.
- 3011 to 3028, Sho-sho Victor Nicholas.
- 3039, Tai-sa Homai Lu.
- 3050, Tai-sa Richard Hanson. As the senior officer, Hanson was given command of the 42nd Galedon Regulars when the Eighth and the Thirty-fourth were merged.
- CO: Brigadier General Victor Nicholas
8th Galedon Regulars (Regiment)
- CO/1st Battalion:
- 2nd Battalion:
- 3rd Battalion:
- CO: Tai-sa Hjordis Lee
- CO: Tai-sa Richard Hanson
Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- The Eighth are an assault regiment, and as such they carry a disproportionately large number of heavier units; even their light ’Mechs are of the heavier types. When rolling for random forces, the Eighth automatically assign two-thirds their force with heavy and assault ’Mechs, while their light and medium ’Mechs are composed of the heaviest tonnage units available in their class.
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 7
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition, p. 18
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 66
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, pp. 34-35
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, pp. 10-11
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 41
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 31
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 32
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 37
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), pp. 42-43
- Historical: War of 3039, pp 91-92.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 135
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, p. 35
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 138
- 20 Year Update, p.41
- Objective Raids, p.27
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 7
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Historical: War of 3039
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- The Galtor Campaign
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)