4th Falcon Velites (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Fourth Falcon Velites|
|Unit Profile (as of 3053)|
|Parent Formation||Peregrine Galaxy (3050)|
Vau Galaxy (3053)
Operating as a part of Peregrine Galaxy the Fourth Falcon Velites conquered two worlds during Operation REVIVAL. The first, attacked in May 3050, was Butler, where they faced Winfield's Regiment. Winfield's Regiment was commanded by Leftenant General Davis Winfield, who knew that his troops were outnumbered, and responded to the Velites' batchall by challenging Star Colonel Evak Mattlov to personal combat. The two met in battle on the Omega Plain on Butler, and Davis had the upper hand until his Atlas lost its gyro and fell, knocking Davis unconscious. This prompted the rest of the Regiment to attack, and as Davis was unconscious, he was unable to command his enraged troops to cease fire. The Velites wiped out Winfield's Regiment, but took Davis as a bondsman; when Davis regained consciousness in a Jade Falcon hospital after the duel, he was saluted for his honor as a warrior by the Falcons.
The second planet conquered by the Velites was Graus, which they invaded in September 3050. Graus had no defending military units, as the population embraced a form of pacifism that ensured that the closest they had to a military was a paramilitary police force. When the Velites issued a batchall and were informed by the planetary government that they had no forces to bid in defense, the Velites were highly skeptical, but determined that this was the truth after they landed, and swiftly integrated Graus into the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone.
The Fourth and the Eighty-ninth Striker Cluster were stationed on Graus in September 3053 when the Fourth Viper Guards and the 400th Assault Cluster attacked in search of a Star League memory cache rumored to be hidden on the planet.
Because the defenders received a warning of the attack due to a similar push on Antares, the Fourth Velites and Eighty-ninth Strikers were able to stretch the battle out for three days and nights before being forced off world, with heavy casualties on both sides.
- As the Fourth does not appear in Field Manual: Crusader Clans, it is presumed to have been destroyed or disbanded as a result of the Refusal War.
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook", p. 42, "Graus"
- Invading Clans, p. 90-91, "Graus (FC)"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook", p. 38, "Butler"