| It has been suggested that this article be merged with Winfield's Brigade.|
Discuss this on the article's talk page.
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|CO||Colonel Hui Winfield|
Reformation as Mercenaries
House Steiner's Winfield's Brigade was believed to be destroyed during Operation Revival, but a small force survived. The survivors build the core for the rebuild unit into a mercenary group named Winfield's Regiment. During the Clan's Wolf / Jade Falcon War, Colonel Jeremiah Winfield conducted a small border raid against the world of Butler, which ultimately failed. As a consequence the unit left LAAF service and after a short time operating in the Chaos March they signed on to work for the Marian Hegemony in 3065. There the mercenaries defended against the Circinus Federation's counter-invasion.
In Service of the Hegemony In the Jihad
During the next few years, the regiment trained with the IV Legio in anti-riot methods and other law enforcement tactics. In 3068, the Marian high command ordered the mercenaries to find and destroy the base of the Circinus Black Warriors. Colonel Winfield detailed two battalion-size task forces, with the third remaining behind as backup at Maximillian.
In 3069 on Corpus Mortuum, they captured a fugitive band of pirates who told them about massive Word of Blake bases in the Federation. Colonel Winfield saw this as a chance to acquire the necessary equipment for his long-term goal of liberating his home world from the Clans. On Circinus the mercenaries lost two full battalions to the Word of Blake. The third battalion was then attacked after their identity was somehow leaked.
The regiment was a shadow of its former self after the horrific events on Blantleff. The Caesar of the Marian Hegemony began citing the unit as being in possible breach of contract due to its pathetic fighting condition. The Hegemony forbade the regiment from recruiting from Hegemony citizens, however some Palatinate rebels joined the unit.
Colonel, later Leftenant General Davis Winfield, Commanding Officer until the destruction of Winfield's Regiment in Mid-3050.
Colonel Jeremiah Winfield, Commanding Officer from (Mid-3050) to (3085): He had sworn to free his home world once and for all when he had a force large enough to fulfill his oath. He was killed fighting Word of Blake forces in the Circinus Federation.
Major Evan Burton, Commanding Officer from (3069 - Current): Former Third Battalion Commander of the Regiment, he was the last surviving ranking officer after the Regiment's failed Circinus raid of 3069.
The unit specialized in harassing and cavalry tactics. It also made use of ambushes and flanking maneuvers.
The technical staff can perform most of the unit's normal repairs. The unit possesses a Star Lord-class JumpShip (the Hartford) and two Overlord-class DropShips to transport the entire command. The Hartford's KF Drive was shattered from overuse after arriving back on Blantleff in 3069.
- 1st Battalion/CO: Colonel Jeremiah Winfield
- 2nd Battalion/XO: Lieutenant Colonel Freda Foh Shen
- 3rd Battalion: Kommandant Evan Burton
Lighting Strike (1 Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- Wing Commander: Major Marina De Vega
Winfield’s Regiment (1 BattleMech Battalion)
- CO: Major Evan Burton
- Note: Unit had only 3 Aerospace Fighters remaining of its Aerospace Wing after the raid on Circinus.
Winfield's Regiment (Regular/Questionable)ref name=FM:3085p161/>
- CO: Colonel Jeremiah Winfield
Winfield's Regiment (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Hui Winfield
- - As of 3145 Winfield's Regiment was under contract to the Marian Hegemony and were stationed in the Suetonius system. A "B"-rated mercenary command, the Regiment was at sixty percent of full strength.
- The Lightning Strike unit was a former independent heavy command who stay by the Guards.
- Mercenaries Supplemental: Update, p. 119 - JumpShip destroyed after failed assault in 3069.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 111 - Updated History of Winfield's Regiment to 3065.
- Mercenaries Update, p. 119 - Winfield's Jihad era information.
- Mercenaries: Update, p. 119 - Winfield dies fighting Blakists in 3069.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 161, "Major Periphery States - Marian Hegemony"
- Mercenaries: Update, p. 119 Winfield's Regiment - Evan Burton becomes Winfield's commanding officer after Colonel Winfield's death.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Marian Hegemony"
- Field Manual Mercenaries Revised, p. 111 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries: Update, p. 8, 119 - Unit status as of 3071. Sourcebook latest game year is that year.
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 127, "Winfield's Regiment (D)"