5th Amphigean Light Assault Group
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Fifth Amphigean Light Assault Group|
|Unit Profile (as of 3039)|
|Parent Formation||Amphigean Light Assault Group|
Fourth Succession War
At the start of the Fourth Succession War the Fifth Amphigean Light Assault Group was stationed on the world Harvest alongside the mercenary unit Helmut's Hermits and a considerable number of supporting regiments. The regiment was taken by surprise by the attack of the First Lyran Regulars, the Third Lyran Regulars and the Fourth Donegal Guards during Operation Gotterdammerung. The Fifth LAG was eventually being forced to retreat to Kirchbach. However, the LCAF attacked Kirchbach during the exploitation phase. Kirchbach was defended by the Fifth Amphigean LAG and two additional DCMS 'Mech units, Helmut's Hermits and the Seventeenth Rasalhague Regulars. The Lyran task force consisted of the Tyr Regiment, Winfield's Brigade, the Fourth Donegal Guards and the Third Lyran Regulars. The DCMS units were driven off-world in short order after the Seventeenth Regulars had been crushed by the Tyr Regiment.
War of 3039
The Fifth was shattered during the Clan Invasion when Clan Ghost Bear attacked Krenice. The Fifth did severe damage to the Twelfth Bear Chevaliers when they first landed, and proceeded to launch a series of raids on their supply lines and ran a series of hit and run assaults. The Ghost Bears were able to flush the Fifth out of their hiding places via air support, and forced the Fifth to move across the continent away from their DropShips. The Fifth's commander dispatched smaller groups to slow the pursuing Bears by hitting them in the flanks. The Fifth was driving towards the city of Hasnorvan while stringing out and attacking the Bears. Unfortunately the Bears had lifted an assault Trinary to the city and occupied fortified positions. When the Fifth reached the city, they were caught in a crossfire that destroyed them.
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Amphigean Light Assault Group|
3025 - 3028
- CO: General Kent Gerber
Fifth Amphigean Light Assault Group (BattleMech Regiment)
- 3rd Battalion
Fifth Amphigean Light Assault Group (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
Fift Amphigean Light Assault Group (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Helen Cassidy
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 45, "Draconis Front - Harvest"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 60, "Draconis Front - Kirchbach"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 32, "Wave One - Vega (April-June)"
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), pp. 36-37, "Krenice (DC)"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 134, "'Mech Unit Deployment Table (as of 3025)"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 114,
- 20 Year Update, p 40, "Deployment tables, Vega Prefecture".
- "Rhonda's Irregulars (scenario pack), p. 47"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139