1st Altenmarkt Militia
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|First Altenmarkt Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Nickname||The Altenmarkt Wolves|
KungsArme (after independence)
Third Succession War
The First Altenmarkt Militia was a BattleMech command in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. It was formed by Coordinator Takashi Kurita as an experiment in reducing rebellious activity. The unit was composed entirely of people from Altenmarkt and posted to the Periphery border. The ISF's propaganda department told the people of Altenmarkt that the unit was achieving glorious victories in order to focus their attentions away from revolting against the Coordinator's rule. As of 3025, the command was considered a success in that regard.
Fourth Succession War
The Militia garrisoned Liezen during the Fourth Succession War. When Liezen was attacked by the Winfield's Brigade, the numerically superior militia avoided major confrontations with the elite Steiner unit, which lacked the man-power to garrison Liezen's cities and hunt the militia down at the same time. When Winfield's Brigade was reinforced by the Fourth Donegal Guards, the Altenmarkt Militia withdrew from Liezen.
The militia unit participated in the Ronin War. In June of 3034, they attacked Tukayyid to secure food supplies under orders from Warlord Vasily Cherenkoff. They sent a diversionary force to keep the command lance of the Fox's Teeth and First Drakøns away from their target. The bulk of the unit rolled over the remainder of the Teeth. The diversionary force did not fare well, but the rest of the militia was able to get away with the needed foodstuffs.
The command then rallied on Orestes along with the Twenty-second Rasalhague Regulars and a regiment of Night Stalkers. In June, the Third Drakøns hit Orestes, along with the Legion of the Rising Sun and Dismal Disinherited, who were on loan from the Lyran Commonwealth. The militia fought the Drakøn outside Ormunde and lost badly. Their command staff was captured and their supplies were taken.
In February 3052 Altenmarkt came under attack from the Thirteenth Wolf Guards as part of Clan Wolf's Fifth Wave of Operation REVIVAL. At the time the planet was defended by the First Altenmarkt 'Mech Regiment and the First Altenmarkt Brigade, the latter of which was easily destroyed during the first battle at Kokstad. The Altenmarkt 'Mechs however were harder to destroy, using their knowledge of the planet's terrain to avoid destruction for several days and waging a second battle at Senekal. They were finally defeated in the final battle at Mydenburg when their commanding officer was killed by the Wolf Spiders.
The First specialized in fighting in open terrain.
The militia unit was primarily composed of medium-class 'Mechs.
1st Altenmarkt Militia (Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: General Aldus Bergen 
1st Altenmarkt Militia (BattleMech Regiment/Veteran) 
- CO/1st Battalion - Tai-sho Aldus Bergen
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 68
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 149
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 64, "Liezen"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 113
- Historical: Brush Wars, pp. 113-114
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 135
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p 106
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 136